Pac-12 partners with Fanaply, Recur and Veritone to build and engage fan communities with NFTs
Pac-12 has joined forces with two technology companies developing and designing NFTs, Fanaply and Recur, alongside artificial intelligence (AI) specialist Veritone, to create the first-ever collection of college sports conference NFTs.
- Pac-12 signed a licensing deal with Recur, Veritone and Fanaply to create NFTs
- Veritone and Recur work with college athletes to authorize and create NFTs of their best moments
- The NFTs will be available on Recur’s NFT marketplace, NFTU
But what do these new digital assets have to offer?
About Pac-12 NFTs
To best represent Pac-12, Recur and Veritone are creating video-styled NFTs that best highlight the performance of Pac-12 athletes. The designers are working with college athletes to authorize their ideas containing the sports players’ highlights—to abide by the new Pac-12 Networks NIL Licensing program, which was launched earlier this month.
Pac-12 will issue the limited-edition digital assets throughout the season to celebrate the big football championship game in December.
Following this, the college sports conference took to Twitter to share the good news:
Fans can buy, sell and trade the NFT’s on Recur’s marketplace, NFTU, specifically designed to represent college sports-related NFTs.
On the plus side, the NFTs are environmentally friendly. Fanaply shows dedication to protecting our environment; therefore, it mints the NFTs on a proof-of-stake blockchain (Polygon) that consumes 99.99% less energy than industry-standard blockchain networks.
To further erase environment-related concerns, Pac-12 is also working with Offsetra, a pro-climate company, to counteract any residual emissions from activity on the blockchain, making the NFT operation 100% carbon neutral.
Despite most likely already being sold on the idea of these digital assets, check out Pac-12’s NFT roadmap:
According to Pac-12’s official NFT website, the digital assets roadmap includes:
- 2022 Season Kickoff NFT
- Discord channel launches
- Division Pacs launch
- Six weeks of football themed NFT drops
- Complete the set for a greater chance at winning
- Road to the football championship begins!
- A series of NFT drops celebrating the big game with access to premiere prizing
- Football championship game has arrived!
- Opportunities to earn free NFTs at the game
- Collect celebratory NFTs at home by watching on the Pac-12 streaming platform
For now, be sure to keep a look out on Pac-12’s Twitter for updates regarding the upcoming Pac-12 Discord Channel. The social is set to launch in a few weeks and will be a place for members to chat football and win prizes.
Subscribe to the NFT Lately newsletter to receive news covering the latest NFT drops, releases, reviews and more.