Del Monte submitted eight trademark applications concerning their NFT and metaverse journey. Moreover, a trademark attorney, Michael Kondoudis, shared the news on his personal Twitter account with the public.
- Recently, Del Monte has filed eight trademark applications in the Metaverse and NFT space.
- These applications show the company’s big move into this space.
- Del Monte becomes the next big food company, after the likes of McDonald’s, Panda Express, and Mars, to become a part of the community.
Multiple Ambitions in Connection with the Trademarks
A trademark represents an intellectual property element consisting of a recognizable sign, design, or expression. Moreover, these trademarks or TMs are unique to a product and cannot be imitated or copied without inviting a breach of the law. In addition to this, after several global and large-scale food companies filing for applications, Del Monte is the new kid on the block.
The trademarks relate to five different components;
- Virtual goods in terms of food and beverage products. People can use these products in the metaverse.
- For online retail services, including virtual goods and NFTs.
- For an online marketplace that will allow users to buy goods and services online. These items can include food and drink items, along with restaurant services and NFTs.
- For online virtual restaurants.
The company files the applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). Also, according to the law, these applications fall under the; IC 009, IC 035, IC 041, IC 042.
Del Monte Joins the Club
Del Monte joins the club of food companies taking to the metaverse and NFT space. Moreover, several others, like Mcdonald’s, Wingstop, Panera Bread, Hormel Foods, Mars, Conagra Brands, etc., have NFT or metaverse products and services.
In November 2021, Mcdonald’s launched its first NFT. Furthermore, the NFT commemorates the company’s McRib and celebrates its 40-year anniversary. Mars Inc. filed its trademark application for SNICKERS. Also, this was the brand’s entry point into the NFT and metaverse space.
In March 2022, Wingstop also shared plans to enter the metaverse space with its virtual food and drinks NFTs. Similarly, brands like Hormel Foods also file for trademarks in June 2022 to join the metaverse and NFT space.
As a result, with all these brands making headway, it shows that the metaverse and NFT technology have utility, almost everywhere.
Subscribe to the NFT Lately newsletter to receive news covering the latest NFT drops, releases, reviews and more.